The worship experience at Zion UMC incorporates both contemporary and traditional elements.
The service starts at 10:30 AM, following Sunday School meetings for all ages. During the summer months, when Sunday School takes a break (June through August), the service begins at 9:30 AM. Our service blends both styles of worship and praise.
We invite you to join us in the celebration of the Sacrament of Holy Communion on the first Sunday of each month. We practice Open Communion, also known as “The Lord’s Supper,” which means that everyone is welcome to partake. We celebrate using bread and grape juice (no alcohol). If you require gluten-free communion wafers, please inform us so that we can assist you accordingly.
Your children are warmly welcomed at Zion. The nursery is located at the end of the west wing of the building.
- Sunday School classes meet throughout the school year, from September to May, and have a break during the summer months. Our kick-off Sunday is the second week of September.
- We continue to offer a Children’s Message during our Sunday morning worship services throughout the summer months. We have Sunday school options for toddlers through adults from September through May. Our Sunday school hour begins at 9:15 a.m.
Children’s & Youth Groups
- Pre-k through 5th Grade
- 6th through 12th Grade
- Zion’s Gate uses the Wired Word curriculum to consider current events through the eyes of the Christian faith. A major news story is examined and then discussed with reference to the Bible and our own faith experiences as Christians who have to contend with secular society.
- Explorers in Spirit adult bible study class focuses on how the information contained in books or selections from the Bible increases our understanding of what it means to be a Christian. These studies help us peel back 2000 years of history so that we have a better understanding of the original intent of each bible passage and how these lessons apply to the modern Christian. By doing so, we have a better understanding of what Christian’s believe and of our mission as Christ’s disciples. The class meets in the recently renovated Sisters in Spirit room in the Upper West Wing of the church (just West of the Fellowship Hall). Studies are led by Wayne Seames and Connie Sherwood.
- Zion Choir has its practice meeting every Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m. from September through May.
- Zion Legacy Quilters meets at 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday afternoon. Contact person: Helen Demaster.
More seasonal group gatherings are offered throughout the year. Please, refer to our monthly Newsletter and church announcement.